Sunday, December 01, 2019

A is for avocado

Avocados have been in the news in recent years. An Australian social commentator, Bernard Salt, suggested (tongue in cheek ... I think?) that young people would have a better chance of successfully saving up for a house if they stopped splurging on avocado toast. While extreme frugality certainly can help in saving for a house deposit – Andrew and I barely had any travel, meals out or new clothes in the four years leading up to buying our first place together in 1996 – I don't want to weigh in on millennials' spending habits. I would, however, like to share some yummy avocado recipes!

Today's the first day of my alpharecipe blogging challenge and A is for avocado. If you haven't tried these dishes, you should. They're scrumptious ...

Avocado, lime and ginger ice cream
Avocado salsa wraps
Avocado macaroni cheese
Rocket salad with pears, blue cheese and pecans

Enjoy ;-)

No comments: