Saturday, November 30, 2019

The alpharecipe challenge

Despite being (very happily) free of offspring, Andrew and I do have kids in our lives. Most of our friends have children and, between us, we have three nieces and one nephew. On several occasions we've filled in for unavailable grandparents at our friends' kids' events at their schools, and last time I did this Daniel (aged 11) showed me his 'alphabiography' assignment. This was pretty cool ... for each letter of the alphabet, he had written about a person, or interest, or hobby, starting with that letter. This got me thinking. Could I do something similar – set myself a blogging challenge – where each post considered ingredients or dishes starting with particular letters?

Why not?!

So, over December I'll review this blog and post links to some of my favourite recipes. I'm hoping the exercise will remind me to revisit some forgotten dishes and maybe experiment with some new ones ...

No comments: