Sunday, October 27, 2019

On kitchen scales ... and salted peanut butter chocolate tart

Y'know how Google spies on us all? And personalises our search findings to maximise their ad revenue? Well, sometimes they direct me to stuff I actually want! I'd recently become interested in combining three of my favourite flavours – chocolate, coconut, and peanut butter – and had been searching for dessert recipes featuring all three.

A few weeks went by and I forgot about it ... then suddenly Google recommended this recipe. Oh my goodness. It ticked all the boxes. I made the tart yesterday to take to our friends' place tonight and it hasn't disappointed. The recipe seemed geared to the vegan market, using chocolate made with 70% cocoa, coconut oil and coconut milk. I don't mind dairy products and wanted to find a less expensive alternative to maple syrup, so replaced the dark chocolate and maple syrup in the filling with milk chocolate. It worked well ...


Oh, and in case you're wondering, 1.5 cups of chocolate is roughly 200 grams. I have no idea why recipes like this one, and this one, call for cups of substances that are far easier measured by weight than by volume.


Have kitchen scales. Will cook ...

No comments: