Saturday, June 15, 2024

Eeeeek. We caught COVID. Or maybe COVID caught us?

After four years of managing to evade COVID-19, through hermetic behaviour and good luck, Andrew and I finally caught it about two weeks ago. More specifically, he caught it (probably from a cafĂ© near his workplace) and I succumbed four days later. It has been … boring. Don't get me wrong, we're super grateful for the six COVID vaccinations we've had over the years, as they've likely saved us from severe illness or even death. But I have a short attention span and have struggled to simply rest and recuperate, rather than living my usual action-packed existence. Really hoping I test negative in a day or two so I can re-join the world.

Anyway. While trapped at home I've read some excellent books, such as:

Day by Michael Cunningham
Over Her Dead Body by Susan Walter
The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters
The Year of Living Dangerously by Christopher Koch

and listened to plenty of fabulous podcasts, including:

Global Roaming
Legacy
Midsomer Murders Mayhem
The History Chicks
The Rest is Politics

If you, too, are languishing at home and looking for stimulation … enjoy!

No comments: