Thursday, January 21, 2021

Dinner @ Spice Affair, Casey

When I met my partner Andrew, almost 30 years ago (!), he claimed he didn't like curry. As a great fan of spicy foods myself, this alarmed me. It turned out he'd been subjected to some bad 1970s versions of curries as a kid and once I introduced him to Indian and Malaysian restaurants he changed his mind. Phew. Now, when we discuss going out to dinner, spicy foods are always at the top of his wish list. 

We recently discovered a whole new Canberra suburb: Casey. Casey didn't exist when we moved to Canberra in 2002, but is now a thriving place with many diverse eateries. We had dinner at Spice Affair Indian Cuisine and it was delicious.

Lassi (I had rose, he had salty lassi)

Daal tadka black

Palak paneer

Mixed dessert platter (gulab jamun,
mango kulfi, pistachio kulfi)

We also ate pappadams, coconut rice and garlic naan. It was a fabulous (and generous) feast. We'll have to make more visits to Casey … both to Spice Affair and to explore the other cuisines on offer: Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Turkish, Vietnamese and Myanmar …

No comments: