Sunday, March 01, 2020

Kiwi wanderings

Andrew and I recently spent a week in New Zealand. Four days catching up with family in W(h)anganui and three days exploring Wellington. It's been over thirty years since I moved to Australia and I think it's the most sensible thing I ever did. Nevertheless, the rest of my family still live there so, from time to time, we pop over and say g'day! As always, the trip featured much food. And coffeeeeeeee.


Local cheeses and quince paste purchased
from the riverside markets in Wanganui


Chickpea curry at a restaurant in Wanganui (I won't
mention which one as it's due to shut down shortly)


Roti and dal at Roti Chenai in Wellington


Singapore-style coffee from a kopi tiam in Wellington!


'Kiwi hot' curries at Curry Heaven ... nom nom


Inedible but adorable ... a tuatara at Zealandia wildlife sanctuary

Au revoir, New Zealand. See you next time.

No comments: