Thursday, August 08, 2019

Nachos ... yes please

I've finished all my editing work for this week (expecting more next week) and it's cold and rainy outside, so I'm enjoying a very domestic day! Cooking, cleaning, polishing shoes, listening to podcasts and reading. Nice. First up, I made a big batch of nachos. I'll freeze it in two portions and will serve them for dinner sometime soon.

splash of olive oil
2 large onions, finely diced
several cloves garlic, crushed
0.5 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
750 g can red kidney beans
400 g can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste

Combine oil, onions, garlic, and spices in a large microwaveable dish. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse beans, and mash them slightly. Add the tomatoes, beans and tomato paste to the onion mixture, and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.

Serve with corn chips, sour cream, cheese and guacamole (to taste). Serves four, and freezes well.

No comments: