Saturday, June 15, 2019

Two days in Newcastle

A couple of weeks ago Andrew mentioned that he had the option of attending a symposium in Newcastle. He has relatives there, and it was an opportunity to escape Canberra's icy winter for a couple of days, so I said 'let's go!' Fortunately, now that I'm self-employed, I can work anywhere (have laptop, will travel) so I took my work with me.

On our first night there we shared a delicious dinner with several of his colleagues at Sapphire Indian Restaurant:



We were honoured to be adopted by our hosts' cat, Lily:


and delighted to wake up to a sublime sunrise:


As well as finishing my editing work on Thursday, I took myself for a couple of meandering walks around the neighbourhood.


Merewether Beach


A Cocowhip brekkie bowl (so yummy) and soy flat white at Blue Door Kiosk


Oh, and it turns out the fabulous Trevor Dickinson (best known in Canberra for his iconic paintings of bus shelters) has also painted an excellent fishy mural through a road underpass. Very cool ...

Newcastle is a fun place to visit. We enjoyed catching up with the rellies and I enjoyed my wanderings!

No comments: