Friday, May 24, 2019

Lunch @ The Food Co-op

My friend and coffee buddy Jacqui recently had a birthday and I offered to take her out to lunch to celebrate. She opted for the Food Co-op Shop and Cafe, which is around the corner from the Australian National University and very popular with uni students. I'd never been there before – Jacqui knew about it via her twentysomething, vegan daughter – and was delighted with this new discovery! It felt like stumbling into the 1970s! Everything ... the decor, the food, the patrons' attire, the music, was reminiscent of a simpler, hippy-dippy age. So lovely. A few pics ...






Oh, and the lunch! From 12 noon to 2 pm each weekday they serve a hearty, delicious, super-cheap vego lunch. Today it was black lentil dal, pumpkin stew, rice and chunks of bread. All for the princely sum of $8 (or less, if you're a member of the co-op). If I hadn't been so full I'd have tried the vegan cakes on offer too. Yum.

The Food Co-op Shop and Cafe is at 3 Kingsley Street, Canberra. I'm sure we'll be back!

No comments: