Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Burger High Tea @ Beef & Barley

Well, yum yum YUM. What a feast.

I'd been to high tea a couple of times before. You know, where platters of savoury and sweet delights are presented, alongside tea or coffee, and perhaps a glass of bubbles? I'd always thought (perhaps erroneously) that the 'high' referred to the late part of the afternoon when the meal was served, but now wonder whether it actually means it is served on several tiers of plates. Hmmmm. Anyway, when the Canberra blog the Riot ACT recently announced that Beef & Barley at Kingston Foreshore had introduced a burger high tea ... who could resist? I no longer have colleagues of my own but my partner's office kindly invited me along when they tried the burger-y delights last Friday.


The three-layered stand featured beer-battered chips, popcorn chicken and haloumi bites on the bottom level, two different types of mini burgers, pickled peppers and coleslaw on the middle level, and a range of sweet treats on the top. The servings were very generous ... the stand pictured above was shared between just three people! Oh, and beer, sparkling wine and soft drinks were included too.


Cheers! If you try it, go with an empty stomach ;-) I went in a group of eight but it could also work for a twosome. You can book in advance on the Beef & Barley website.

No comments: