Sunday, February 18, 2018

CNY dinner @ the Lanterne Rooms

The Lanterne Rooms is my favourite restaurant. In the WORLD. We've been going there, once or twice a year, as a couple or with friends or colleagues, for about ten years. The food, the decor and the service are all sublime. Yesterday I invited Andrew to join me for a Chinese New Year feast, to celebrate my recent transition from employment to self-employment (I'll write more about that here when I've had a chance to catch my breath!)

The tasting menu consisted of seven small courses followed by dessert. All were magnificent.


The menu


Fresh XO scallops, mango salsa, sesame leaves


Tom Yum infused prawns, rockmelon and apple


Tofu and eggplant with lemongrass-infused soy broth


Char Siu Bao: Chinese-style roast pork with pickled cabbage


Fish of the day with burnt butter and pickled mustard greens
dressing, plus slow-cooked Wagyu beef 'Kampung style'


(Karin's dessert) Lime and coconut posset, mandarin semifreddo, rose praline


(Andrew's dessert) Warm banana cake, pistachio crumbs, smoked date ice cream

Chinese New Year lasts a whole week. We can thoroughly recommend celebrating it at the Lanterne Rooms!

No comments: