Thursday, September 13, 2012

Banana muffins


These muffins won't give you a muffin top. No, really. The recipe used to contain sugar but I deleted it! I made some banana muffins this evening as we're going away for the weekend and – having a horror of waste – I didn't want the two remaining bananas in the fruit bowl to become inedible while we were gallivanting. The muffins freeze well for later snacks or lunches.

1.25 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
0.5 cup milk
3 small (or 2 large) bananas, mashed
walnuts or pecan nuts

Mix all together thoroughly (it will still be a bit lumpy), pour into muffin moulds and bake for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.

Enjoy with or without butter. If you like this recipe, you may also like to try my date loaf, chocolate beetroot cakepumpkin bread or chocolate zucchini cake.

3 comments:

OldMiser said...

Very off-topic, but I couldn't find an e-mail address for you. You recently said in a comment on the "An American Editor" blog that you couldn't find free Kindle books on Amazon.

The following works for me (I live in the United States): go to www.amazon.com. Hover the mouse pointer over "Books" in the list at the left of the page; a submenu will appear. Click on "Kindle Books". On the right side of the Kindle Books page, you will find a "Best Sellers" list. Scroll to the bottom of the (ten-item) list and click on "See All Best Sellers in Kindle Books". On the "Best Sellers" page, click on the "Top 100 Free" tab to see the first 20 overall best sellers. (Links to subsequent groups of 20 are at the bottom of the page.) Alternatively, click on a genre category at the left of the page to get to free best sellers in that category. For example, one might try "Lifestyle & Home" and then the "Cooking, Food & Wine" subcategory.

Karin said...

Hi OldMiser - crossing my fingers that you come back and read this comment, as I can't find contact details for you either ;-) Many thanks for your detailed instructions, and apologies for the delay in replying. I've been out of town and haven't had access to a full sized computer screen. After following your instructions I'm even more certain that Amazon treats non-US Kindle users differently. The path you describe is not available to me, either on my PC or on my Kindle. Guess I can't get free e-books. Oh well. C'est la vie! Thanks so much for your guidance, anyway.

Karin said...

P.S. I did discover however that I can see (some) free e-books if I sort by price (low to high). Suspect I can’t see as many as you do, though! Anyway, thanks for your help. Best wishes, Karin