Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lunch @ the divine Tilley's

Tilley's Devine Cafe Gallery in Lyneham is a Canberra institution. Established in 1984, it's a great place to meet friends, drink coffee (or wine), have a snack, catch up with the gossip and watch fashionistas wander by. I was delighted to see local author Marion Halligan feature Tilley's in The Apricot Colonel, a tale of 'murder, match-making and the dark arts of book editing'!

Tilley's is walking distance from my house, so I popped in there for lunch today. Their aioli is fabulous, so whenever I eat there I try to order something that comes with it. Sometimes  if there are others at the table to help eat them  that means ordering the New York fries. If I'm eating alone though I'm more likely to opt for the salt and pepper squid, as it's not so filling as a bowl of fries.


Salt and pepper squid with fresh chilli, sea salt, coriander, rocket salad and aioli. Yum.

You can see the rest of their lunch menu here. Cheers!

 Tilley's on Urbanspoon

No comments: