Saturday, May 13, 2023

My desert island food

About a month ago, while sitting in a tiny, suburban Indian restaurant in Christchurch, New Zealand, I had a revelation. A eureka moment, if you will. I realised that, if I could only eat one dish for the rest of my life, I would want it to be palak paneer. It's vegetarian, delicious, creamy, spicy and contains plenty of fibre and vitamins and protein. Possibly the perfect food. I almost invariably order palak paneer when I go to an Indian restaurant (is this boring of me? perhaps ...) and have never been disappointed. It's also easy to make at home. My recipe is here, and if you'd prefer it to be vegan rather than vegetarian you could replace the paneer with cubes of tofu.

This is the palak paneer we ate that night at Pepper Bridge Indian Restaurant


That's all. Just wanted to share the news.

No comments: