Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Let's (not) catch up before Christmas

It's beginning to feel a lot like ... a feedlot. It is only the start of December and already the silly season is well underway. As anyone who knows me (or reads this blog) knows, I'm passionate about food. Food is one of the great joys of life. But toward the end of the year, here in Australia at least, the sheer volume of food on offer can become overwhelming. Workplaces throw parties. Volunteer workplaces throw parties. Friends throw parties. Invitations arrive from all directions. Everyone and anyone says 'we must catch up before Christmas!' I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful, but I've had to start saying no. I'm free in March, if anyone would like to catch up then?

Ah well. I may be failing in my bid to avoid overeating this month but I'm still on track to celebrate a stuff-free Christmas. Charity gifts and e-book vouchers are, once again, what I'll be giving people, and what I hope people will give me. (Or nothing. Nothing is good too.)


A wonderful way to avoid clutter!

No comments: