Sunday, September 20, 2009

Portuguese Tarts

Today I had Yum Cha with a group of friends, and we finished with those divine Chinese egg tarts. I've never cooked them myself - though I take every opportunity to eat them when I can! - but the conversation turned to Portuguese tarts, and I can guarantee this recipe is easy to prepare and yummy:

2 eggs
icing sugar, for dusting
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
250g cream cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 puff pastry sheets, thawed

Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Lightly grease 18 patty tins. Cut pastry into 7cm rounds. Ease pastry into tins. Beat cream cheese and caster sugar in bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in cornflour and lemon juice. Spoon mixture into pastry rounds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Dust with icing sugar.

No comments: