Saturday, April 08, 2023

Wellingtonian delights

Andrew and I last visited New Zealand in February 2020. About five minutes before the COVID-19 pandemic kicked off. So there has been a longer gap between visits to my family than usual. Finally, we've taken the plunge and returned, notwithstanding the ongoing COVID risk. In many places, we're the only weirdos wearing masks. Eeeek. Anyway … we spent a couple of days in wonderful Wellington before heading to see my rellies. It's still delightful. Phew.


Mural spotted from inside the Wellington
Cable Car (funicular railway)


View of the city from Kelburn


Caffeine!


My brunch (truffle mushroom medley, beetroot hummus,
halloumi, rocket, hazelnut dukkah and poached egg) at Cabletop Eatery


Feijoas. The fruit of my dreams. Currently
in season and available everywhere :-)


Roti canai with vegetable curry and (bonus)
Lemon & Paeroa at Satay Kingdom. Oh my!

Next stop Whanganui.

No comments: