Saturday, June 11, 2022

Brekkie @ My Rainbow-Dreams Vegetarian Café

I've always been puzzled by the unnecessary hyphen. My Rainbow-Dreams has been in Dickson, Canberra, for many years and has some fabulous vego offerings. But why the weird hyphen? I guess we'll never know. 

Anyway … a couple of months ago I referred a large editing job I didn't have time for to another editor friend. Soon after that, she surprised me with a gift voucher for a meal at My Rainbow-Dreams! A lovely gesture. Today, Andrew and I popped on our fluffy hats, braved the winter chill, and headed to Dickson for brekkie.

I had the vegan Rainbow Brekkie, featuring spicy scrambled tofu, mushrooms, vege-based 'bacon', tomato, toast and baked beans:


while Andrew had the vegetarian version of the same, which substituted poached eggs for the tofu and butter for the olive oil.

Oh, and we had coffee too!


Lovely food in a lovely spot and thanks to my friend for nudging us to go there. The café also has some spectacular vego cakes, biscuits and bliss balls … it's a great place to go for a sweet treat.

No comments: