Sunday, April 03, 2022

Brekkie @ Intra Specialty Coffee

The Lanterne Rooms is my favourite restaurant so, when a profile of its owner appeared in a local blog a while back, I took note of his recommendations! Josiah Li said that his favourite breakfast place in the ACT was Intra café in Campbell so I added it to my wish list. We finally went there today. It was magnificent. Campbell has been redeveloped in recent years and the café is in a cute strip of shops beneath an apartment building. It was small dog central. We lost track of the number of cute poodles, terriers and cavoodles that visited while we were there. Anyway, the menu is short but flavoursome. Even though there are relatively few items on offer, I struggled to choose as everything sounded good. After much indecision, I had:

Mapo tofu and Szechuan pork jaffle

while Andrew had:

Chashu bacon and egg roll, Swiss, Kewpie and shallots

Our coffees were excellent too. Cute cups and delicious contents.


We sat outside (our preference due to the ongoing pandemic) and I regretted not taking a fluffy hat and warmer clothes. Canberra's winter weather arrived rather suddenly this week! It was a fabulous breakfast and we'll have to go back to try other items on the menu. Everything looked intriguing.

No comments: