Monday, December 15, 2014

Ratua Island, Vanuatu

2014 has been one of my most stressful years yet. I spent about eight months working on a huge, complicated, demanding task (no, not my beloved editing) that stole my sleep and nibbled away at my sanity. I needed an incentive to continue, something to look forward to, so planned a trip to Vanuatu for after the project was completed.

It was delightful.

My partner and I spent five nights on Ratua Island (Ile Ratoua), which is to the south-east of Espiritu Santo. We snorkelled, canoed, cycled, walked, ate, read and relaxed. The island is tiny – it has just 13 villas – and provides very personalised service. The food was spectacular (if perhaps too generous ... we ate too much) and the staff lovely. We also had the opportunity to learn a little about Ni-Vanuatu culture and to visit a village on a neighbouring island.

I won't waffle on. Just wanted to share some of our photos.








What a gorgeous place. The perfect antidote to a stressful year.

No comments: