Sunday, March 23, 2014

Welcome to Canberra, PappaRich

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Malaysian food. I've written about trying to test all Canberra Malaysian restaurants here, exploring the ones in Melbourne here, learning to cook Nyonya food here, and participating in a foodie tour of Malaysia here and here.

(Obsessed? Me?)

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that there's a new kid on the block. PappaRich, a Malaysian restaurant chain, now has an outlet in Canberra. Yum. I've been there a couple of times now and enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is a little reminiscent of a hawker centre. Last week I treated a friend to lunch for her birthday. We shared:


Chicken satay

and


Roti canai

Delicious. There's always a throng of people outside waiting for a table, so it looks like I'm not alone in embracing this place. The menu features heaps of traditional Malaysian dishes, plus an extensive range of interesting drinks and desserts.

PappaRich is on the ground floor of the Canberra Centre, in Bunda Street.

PappaRich on Urbanspoon

No comments: