– eating a range of South Indian curries and chutneys (sans cutlery) off banana leaves in a modest diner in Kuala Lumpur's Little India
– sampling Malay, Indian and Chinese specialities at the elegant Makan Kitchen
– an interesting, if confronting, wander around the Chow Kit wet market
– a spectacularly spicy Peranakan feast of otok-otok ikan, stingray, popiah and fried goodies at Newton Hawker Centre in Melaka
– pisang goreng (fried bananas) from a roadside stall en route to the Cameron Highlands
– fresh tropical fruits and juices: guava, lime, watermelon, coconut, dragon fruit, jackfruit ... and more
– breakfast, breakfast, breakfast!
Tonight we're heading out for a steamboat (hot pot) dinner. I'm afraid I've been too busy eating the food, to take many pictures! Next stops on the tour are Ipoh and Penang. Oh, and we're planning to visit a tea plantation and factory tomorrow morning ...
Tea gardens in the Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia