Sunday, May 06, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Brownies

This recipe is based on one I found in a food themed mystery novel but I've made a few changes so it's even better now! (In my humble opinion.) We're going out to dinner with friends tonight and it is my turn to provide dessert, plus my partner has to take morning tea into the office tomorrow morning. Therefore ... a good excuse to make chocolate pecan brownies!

100g butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 egg
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 tbsp cocoa
0.25 tsp baking powder
0.25 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped pecans
200g dark chocolate buttons

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in nuts and chocolate. Spread in a greased and floured (or non-stick lined) baking tin, and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into squares or bars when cool.


No comments: